Article Processing Charges
To publish an article in some reputed journals, there are chances that you may
need to pay Article Processing Charge, also known as Author Processing Charge or
Article Processing Fee. The publishers of journals charge this fee to publish
articles. It is often found authors are charged even for color reproduction and
processing of the article.
IIA is here to help you out!
We will pay the publisher directly upon receipt of an approved application for funding and the publisher’s invoice. If you are a faculty/research scientist/student of IIA, you are eligible to use this service.
We provide herewith a detailed guide to request for article processing charges:
- To request a page or publication charge, your article needs to be accepted by the respective publisher.
- Get an approval letter from the Dean of IIA.
- Intimate the publisher regarding the IIA library mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) as the medium of contact.
- The publisher needs to send the original invoice addressing to the Director.
- Suppose your article has a co-author from other institutes; the total publication charge should be calculated and split among the author(s) of IIA and author(s) of other institutes.
- Once the invoice processing over, the library will pay the required amount to the publisher.
Find below page charge guidelines of the journals which are frequently used:
American Astronomical Society Journals
Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society (MNRAS)
Astronomy & Astrophysics (A&A)